• In the 1940’s Herbie played tuba in “Tiffin Boys School Band”.
• 50’s, tuba and double bass in the ‘RAF Central Band’.
• 60’s, bought a bass guitar and formed ‘Blue Mink’. Six hit singles.
• 70’s joined Bolan’s ‘T.Rex’. Bowie (Space Oddity & Diamond Dogs).
• 80’s formed ‘Sky’ with John Williams & co.
• 90’s ran bass studies at Trinity College of Music & Ardingly College.
• This century it’s mostly jazz on double bass, and recording sessions.
Worked for Lou Reed (Walk on the Wild Side), Harry Nilsson (Schmilsson), Henry Mancini (Pink Panther), Sir Elton (Tumbleweed Connection), David Essex (Rock On), Sir Paul Mac (Give My Regards to Broad Street), George
H. (Somewhere in England), Ringo (Come Smell the Roses), loads of Dusty’s recordings and for the last forty years, Jeff Wayne’s Musical Version of H.G.Wells’ ”The War of the Worlds”.
Sshhh!!!! Herbie composed Clive Dunn’s smash no.1 hit - “Grandad”.
*Please note this event is in the Garden at the New Inn so please bring warm clothes, blankets and camping chairs if you wish!
To be kept informed about Volunteering or being a Friend then please select your list